Saturday 14 August 2010

Rajneeti

My Rating : 3/5

There was a time when I never missed a Hindi Film, but recently I started missing many movies due to lack of time (Responsibilities!!!). Rajneeti was a movie that I never wanted to miss and so after more than a month of its release, today I watched the movie.
Prakash Jha's Gangaajal was a movie that I liked very much, especially since I could relate to some characters and their language from my short stint in Jamshedpur. Incidently, I watched his next movie 'Apaharan' also at Jamshedpur when I went there after I joined ISRO. Apaharan, in-spite of its starcast, failed to impress.
Rajneeti was an Intelligent script. Though it is based on Mahabharata, it makes you feel that the characters in the movie have something to do with the Gandhi Family. The movie was a gripping one, except for certain scenes which could have been avoided (For eg: Kunti coming to know about Karna and her going to meet him could have been avoided)
Ranbir Kapoor was impressive and Katrina's looks in saree was amazing (It reminds us of sonia, which, of course, might have been incorporated to gain commercial advantage). Manoj Bajpai & Ajay Devgan were wasted but Arjun Rambal scored.
I never thought that these many similarities exist between Mahabharata, Godfather and Indian Politics.

No comments: